Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

...to one and to all. First off, I've got some proofreading to finish up, and (if the kidlet cooperates) hopefully I'll kick out 1,000 words before the afternoon is through. After that, The Bride is cooking up some Irish stew for dinner. Tia's vegetarian, which (to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) means I am mostly vegetarian, too. But I am tossing some corned beef in that sucker, and there are a couple bottles of Harp in the fridge. Plus: biscuits. And real Irish butter.

While we're at it, we'll be watching The Secret of Roan Inish, which for my $ is one of the best quiet fantasies of all time. Finally broke down and bought that one. I wish John Sayles had made a dozen other movies like it. Just a marvelous movie, completely free of hotshot FX, but there's magic in there all the same.

Now I'm going to go toss some David Kincaid on the CD player. Nothing like some American Civil War music courtesy of the Irish Brigade to get your heart pumpin' in the mornin'....