Monday, April 4, 2011

Yours Truly, Jack The Ripper

To the left we've got the classic cover from a favorite paperback of mine: Robert Bloch's Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper. I'm pleased to announce that another book of the same title is coming later this year from Subterranean Press (check out the details here). I had the pleasure of writing the introduction for this one, in which I had a chance to share my own tale of encountering Bloch's signature Ripper story for the first time, plus recount my adventure meeting the man himself years later. That was fun. So is the SubPress Yours Truly collection. This one features all of Bloch's Ripper fiction plus a pair of essays by the man himself. And yep -- it's also got Bloch's classic Star Trek script for "Wolf in the Fold," the Original Series episode in which Scotty is suspected of being a futuristic RedJack. Not to mention that the new collection will have a J. K. Potter cover. All that all adds up to a bucketful of cool, if you ask me.