Monday, October 1, 2012

A Brother in Need


This is a hell of a way to revive my blog, but I got word late last week that my good buddy Tom Piccirilli has been diagnosed with brain cancer. He's undergoing surgery today for removal of a tennis-ball-sized tumor, with a long recovery period ahead. If you'd like to help Tom and his wife Michelle, the best way is to make a donation to an IndieGoGo fundraiser that's been set up by his niece. All proceeds from this fundraiser will go directly to Tom.

Tom's been one of my best friends for a number of years now. Which is odd, because we've never met in person. Of course, Tom's a phenomenal writer. He's also one of the nicest guys I know... the kind of guy who's always been there with a kind email on a day when I needed a boost, an open ear (or computer screen) on days when I've wanted to vent, and a perfect willingness to blow a couple hours shooting emails back and forth about old TV shows or movies when it's time to decompress. He's like a brother I never knew I had until about ten years ago, and all best wishes go out to him and his from me and mine today. Hang in there, pardner, and stay strong.