Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation Day

In what sometimes passes for the real world, I'm a night supervisor at a college library. I'm lucky enough to spend most of my evenings with a great student staff, and every year I have to say adios to a few of them when graduation rolls around. Just a few more days and that time is here.

The way I see it, that's a full bucket of more's the pity. Sure I'm happy for the grads, but I'll miss them, too. I know my fellow supes feel the same way. Four aces will be gone from our deck this year, and we said our goodbyes at a lunch where we survived flying Japanese cutlery and Polynesian beverages. So here's to you -- Chris G, Kate, Lesley, and Steph. You'll be missed. My life's got a little more spark for knowing you, and I hope you feel the same.

But wait a second. Mr. Garcia. Yeah, you. Get back here. You've still got one semester to go, and there's a truck of 808.39s in the back with your name on it. Let's get 'er done!