Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Supplement 11/11/12

Don't know how I missed Dale Watson until now. I've about worn out The Sun Sessions and The Truckin' Sessions, and it looks like I have many more good CDs to pick up.

Yes. You read that right. I still buy CDs. They'll still be spinnin' when your iPod is dead and buried and all your virtual music has flown the coop.

File this under required reading: 25 Best Horror Novels of the New Millennium. Dark Harvest is in some fine company, and I am stoked.

I had the pleasure of writing the introduction for Laird Barron's next collection from Night Shade Books. Nope, you can't order it yet. My favorite story? "The Men from Porlock." That one would make H. P. Lovecraft cry for his mama. Seriously.

Haven't read Laird's novel, The Croning, yet? Pull that trigger, son!

The last two years, I've sworn I'm going to blog about Richard Sala at Halloween. Didn't happen. You can check him out here. If you're a monsterkid, you won't be sorry. Sala twists up everything you remember from your youth -- Universal Horrors, E. C. Comics, old pulp stories -- and somehow makes it all fresh and vital (i.e. "It's alive! It's alive!")